The Francesco Messina Studio Museum is a museum which belongs to the municipality of Milan. The museum is located inside the deconsecrated church of San Sisto and it preserves a significant selection of works by the sculptor Francesco Messina (1900-1995).
The original part of the collection consists of about forty sculptures donated by the artist himself to the municipality of Milan, who wanted them permanently exhibited in his studio museum. The collection is representative of Messina’s artistic career, characterized by his constant search for realism as well as by ancient models of inspiration: from portraits to nudes, from horses to dancers.
Since 2014, the Studio Museum has been hosting contemporary art events, offering itself to the city also as a research space and lab in which artworks by young emerging artists are displayed.